Welcome to KKITP 4.0
Firstly you may be asking 'why has the site change again, I just got used to the old one...'... sorry about that...
Unfortunately due to a failed transfer to a new server to give us a better deal each month on website hosting, it became necessary to completely rebuild the site.
We were previously running on Joomla 2.5, however for a fair few months now Joomla 3.3 has been available. So I took the opportunity to upgrade us to 3.3 and hopefully make us future proof for a while at least. Sadly as KKITP 3.0 was corrupt and Joomla 3.3 is completely different to Joomla 2.5, this meant completely starting again.
Thankfully my worse fears of the database being corrupt weren't true and the database was safe! So I performed a fresh install, and to give you an idea of how much work it's been here's a screen shot of a fresh install...
Thankfully I've only had to create a small amount of content this time having being able to rescue most of the existing data from backup data and copying what I could from the old database.
That being said it's been a lot of work. I've probably made a few mistakes and typos from going KKITP blind so you'll have to let me know if you spot anything.
As I write this pretty much everything is as it should be with a few exceptions such as the 'about kei car' features which just need arranging better, and modules adding such as images from the gallery.
Anyway, I really hope you enjoy using the new site and find it actually useful and fun to use.
All feedback welcome as ever.
New to KKITP 4.0
Dynamic layout for mobile phones, tablets and desktops.
- Smartphone uses can navigate a specially adapted dynamic version of the site, designed with a smaller screen in mind.
- Tablet users can navigate a dynamic version for tablets which arranges the layout into columns for a slightly larger screen.
- Desktop users get the full deal! hehe
A modern and clearer template that helps to bring a little more colour a variety to the site
- Select your own colour theme by using the theme selector tool (the gear/cog in the main menu)
- 'Go to top' feature at the bottom of each page
- A more dynamic and hopefully easier to understand Main Menu, which has been dramatically trimmed down
Integration of modules and plugins to better share data across the site such as gallery modules in articles and on the forum.
Easier to use forms which allow you to get what you need sooner.