×
First posts must be approved (25 Oct 2018)

Due to the unwelcome increase in the number of spam posts on the site it is now required for everyone's first post to be approved by a moderator.

Read More...

emo New Honda Beat owner, old forum car?

More
09 May 2014 14:21 #21441

my other cars -

the other daily:



The old daily:


The first car:


and the Sierra:


currently ALL of them are off the road and in various stages of completion. the beat is going to be a fun daily/backup car whilst the RS4 is in the garage getting work done, then once the Golf is back on the road i'm going to pull it into the unit and swap the engine for something a bit more pokey :)

oh and the MX5 i mentioned -

Last Edit: 09 May 2014 14:22 by Seventynine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2014 16:53 #21444

I really miss my beat, but now we have a unit hopefully we can get back on track with that... Just got to get Carol finished first hehe.

Audi looks really smart too. Is the Sierra a XR4i?


Author of The Ruins of Rytus Series
Sample, purchase or find out more at:
www.RuinsofRytus.com

Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2014 16:56 #21445

Made it here then. ;)
Just the one to go now.

The following user(s) said Thank You: wh1teleopard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2014 19:37 #21447

Emily Bell wrote:

I really miss my beat, but now we have a unit hopefully we can get back on track with that... Just got to get Carol finished first hehe.

Audi looks really smart too. Is the Sierra a XR4i?

yeah XR4i, it doesn't quite look like that at the minute, it had a *lot* of rot. spent last summer cutting it all out and welding it and now it's ready for paint!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2014 21:53 #21452

Can't be many Sierras left now I'd imagine. Well no where near as many as there used to be.

Have you had a look at some of the body kits available for the Beat in Japan or are you going for something custom?
:)


Author of The Ruins of Rytus Series
Sample, purchase or find out more at:
www.RuinsofRytus.com

Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2014 23:12 #21465

Glad to see it being looked after!

I don't know anything any further back than the last two owners. I see you've already seen Chief Monkey Jay's posts on here! When I got it off him he had just finished taking out all the interior trip so I ended up putting all that back in (so plently of missing pieces from there). The Beat subforum is filled with threads by Jay if you want to look. Apparently the guy before him sold due to back problems, don't think the car was in the club before then, maybe ask Don? You probably know more about the general condition of the car than I do at this stage. :P

Personally I'm a bit dubious of the odometer reading, but it does feel a little less used (if maybe a little more abused) than the other ones I've seen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2014 14:01 #21468

Not going for a bodykit unless something comes along at the right price. just going to work with what i have, so cut the rear bumper down, diffuser, flat undertray leading into a splitter etc.

here's it parked next to our other racecar! hoping to give it a run for it's money, although i've got 486 less horsepower at the moment so i've got a bit of catching up to do :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2014 14:13 #21469

Emily Bell wrote:

Can't be many Sierras left now I'd imagine. Well no where near as many as there used to be.

there's certainly a lot more sierra's than there are Beats haha

that one is going back to completely stock (apart from the engine) quite like the basic charm of clean 80's cars!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2014 14:15 #21470

Ending_Credits wrote:

Glad to see it being looked after!

I don't know anything any further back than the last two owners. I see you've already seen Chief Monkey Jay's posts on here! When I got it off him he had just finished taking out all the interior trip so I ended up putting all that back in (so plently of missing pieces from there). The Beat subforum is filled with threads by Jay if you want to look. Apparently the guy before him sold due to back problems, don't think the car was in the club before then, maybe ask Don? You probably know more about the general condition of the car than I do at this stage. :P

Personally I'm a bit dubious of the odometer reading, but it does feel a little less used (if maybe a little more abused) than the other ones I've seen.

haha, there's not really much i need to know, the cars are so basic!

it's back on the road after all the work, relatively hassle free, the only thing that's left is i snapped 2 of the studs on the cat so need to borrow my friends acetalyne rig in the morning to heat them enough to pull them out. be interested to see if it's still using oil now the stem seals have been done :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2014 21:24 #21492

Another newbie but I am already thinking about a transplant or chipping it what bike engine are you thinking about and has anyone you know done it already
Cheers

Last Edit: 12 May 2014 21:25 by Kizmax.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TADOAdam Kenneydazran
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum