Didn't have a good day today...been completly run down from working then coming straight home n wrking on the car till late...n then today I had the added stress of the wheels going wrong
Sanded and preped them, but the new paint reacted with the old paint and it all blistered up and lifted the new paint and some of the old paint turned to a gloopy mess
Spent the whole of this evening trying to make good of the mess but was alot harder than I thought...espesially as it desided to start raining
Now because of the wasted day, I've really got my work cut out for me tomorow, and can see it being a really long day as I've also got to fit in getting tyres fitted for my old move too, and collect numberplates for my new move...and still have alot of work left to finish it...including a full service :
However I am determined to get it done best I can in time for its revealing on Sunday.
Fingers crossed for the rain to go away :thumb:
I think I did already this week lol :
Cheers Tado :thumb:
On the plus side, I think I am now finally done with it best I can be ready for Tomoz, just got a couple of little things left to do but that's it.
Hopefully will see every1 Tomoz for its grand unveiling :happy:
well the move was unveiled today at the annual meet and actually surprised me, and won 1st in the independant class so im over the moon with that...
Anyways now heres the promised pics for those who couldnt make the event :thumb:
my arch roller and a fair bit of time
alot of time and effort later
The rear arches could not be rolled due to the rust so i rolled them right out and cut off the worst of the rust, then spent a bit of time trying to cut tin out in different shapes to get the best looking base for the rear arches, and once id finally settled on a shape i set about fixing it in place
Added a layer of metal filler and sanded it back. repeated this process quite a few times untill i got the shape i wanted
Then gave it layer of filler to smooth out all imperfections and get the shape spot on and also gave it a few coats of primer and rubed it down between coats to show any dips and a final coat and sand to smooth the tiny imperfections
I also removed and smoothed the rear wiper, the rear wiper jet, the rear door lock, and the passanger door lock using the same method as used for the rear arches, except to start i fixed a mesh on the inside of each hole so the metal filler had something to bond to and hold in place(unfortunatly theres no pics of the filler layer as was rushing just to get it all done lol)
The carpet was ripped and generally knackered as was the drivers seat...sooo out it all came, ready to clean up the floor and wiring ready to spray and make my last spare zato seats fit.
I also fitted uprated door speakers and a 12disk cd changer in the boot
No pics of the suspension atall as i was rushing like crazy n it still got dark before i had finished...and my flood light blew so was stuck doing the front passanger side using my iphone tourch LMAO
Sanded the car and masked it up and cleaned it(no pics) then started spraying
I also added a unique mod that i wasnt sure weather it would work or look good but wanted to be original(as per usual) so i tryed it out and was actually really pleased with the outcome
Tryed to take a pic of the rear lights at night but didnt really show to well(i replaced the broken brake light bulb on the right) i also added a led top rear light
The spare zato seats were a tad worn and the foam on the side bolster on one seat had disintergrated, so i cut some foam from the standard move seat, lifted the zato cover from the seat and cut the foam to shape, inserted it in place and closed the cover and its come out well, looks good and is supportive as it should be :thumb:
I also cut the exhaust off, and made a side exit and welded it on, and also drilled the airbox to allow a bit more air in rather than just through the tiny intake hole on the airbox lol
Then lastly i did a full service.
And heres the final product with my other move.
I built it using stuff i already had so the only money i spent on it was for 2 new number plates, and the built not bought sticker on the back
Also after the long drive today the suspension settled down nicly and it now sits at a perfect height :happy: