The whole 3.6 yards
Saturday 28th April 2012
These turned up the other day
Monster Sport diff mounts
While it was up on the ramp I had a chance to check up on the underside. all seems well no signs of any rust coming back for now. The subframe still has a few bits here and there but nothing major. The shell is looking good though. Got on and got the diff out
Then set about removing the rear bush with a bit of flame action
Diff ready to go back in
And the brace with new bushes fitted
I had a little clonk going from 1st to second which has disappeared and it feels alot tighter all round, certainly alot tighter than the Ferrari I past on my way home that had spun out in the fast lane
I also had a quick chance to test fit my new back box.
Need to order some 2" T304 stainless tubes and a few bends to make up my downpipe and centre section first though, so the old one got stuck back on for now.
Saturday 12th May 2012
I was away last weekend so nothing much happened but this weeks installments are as follows
Been waiting for the weather to improve before I painted the roof bar black to match the roof, as it was a lovely day today I finally managed to get round to it. Looks like it should always have been black
Next was to remove the Cappuccino badge off the boot, think it looks so much better
I then re-used the badge on my dashboard as seen on one of those links on another thread
Just a little update today. I got some replacement mesh for the front, It's in, but needs a bit more adjustment and fixing in place to be perfect.
I also added this little guy to join me in my travels. Sort of a lucky charm I guess
And he proved a good addition as last week I went on a little 5 day break to the Isle of Wight with my other half. Thankfully all our bits we needed we got in, crucially packed in soft flexible bags for maximum room. Drinks and laptop in the roof cavity too, and she performed well Here she is sunning herself at Ventnor.
Only thing to report was that my drivers front indicator stopped working on the drive down. Bought a bulb for it but it didn't fix it, so I'm expecting it to be a loose wire somewhere or something similar. Other than that she was faultless. One thing we have been doing was soften the suspension in the past month or two. Since the monster sport diff mounts were fitted things were a bit firmer, so we backed it off a bit after that. The Isle of Wight roads are quite bumpy we culminated the process there getting back down to the softest setting at the back for a while and ending up 1 click from soft, front slightly stiffer at around 3 or 4 clicks from soft. We even spotted a Suzuki dealership on the island so anyone planning a trip down there in a cappo is catered for
I have been accumulating some parts ;D
I had also re-covered my rear interior plastics in a leather/vinyl material but wasn't happy with how they came out. I have since pulled it all back off, cleaned the adhesive off it all, plastic welded holes that had been cut in them for speakers and began flocking them. 2 down just the last one to go, which I will finish off once if post this
I have also ordered some new wheels that should arrive in the country before the month is out too, so although not much has been posted recently, things are still moving along nicely
Back down the garage today. In fact I have left the old girl there for some loving over next week to get as much of the welding done and dusted as possible.
But firstly it was time to attempt the intercooler fitting,
Emptied everything out the way including removing the air con stuff. Nice warm day to do it, but it never worked so was just un-needed weight really.
I wasn't much help myself while all the fabricating was going on,
so I spent my time painting the insides of my new sills with Por 15
The rad mounts were extended like so
fabbed this nifty bracket up for the top and another for the bottom.
Everything else fits back in behind still too
Also noticed the "intake" for the airbox didn't actually go anywhere.....
it does now
First time we have had the front bumper off and there are lots of little rusty areas in need of some help. I especially like the "lets put some filler over the rust" bodges on the inner wings :
That's for another day though. I hung the bumper on to give you an idea of how it will look
Began mocking the boost pipes, but I really need to order some 90 degree bits to complete
And that s how we left it. I'm car-less till next week, but I have been promised some pictures of progress to tide me over in the meantime
Things are moving on nicely. Removed the dash.
And a few wires
Everything in fact, and then got on with the welding of the footwells
Strip down and de rustifaction of the front end via wire brushes, metal ready, and Por 15. Warning, what follows is like and advert for Por 15 and I appologise in advance
Tidied the outside edge of the rad
Fan got it too
Oh, and today I got my re trimed door cards back. They look great and I'm over the moon with them. The foam backing has been replaced and the stiching follows the original lines, have a lookie,
Can't wait to get them back together ;D
Some more progress today. The air con evaporator was removed from the heating system for even less weight.
Tidied up the pedal boxes and a few other bits too
New floor at the front
Complete with reinforced jacking point
It was looking nearly complete
Then had to cut out more bodged welding
The front end got a lick of paint to complete